Ben Hansen "Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files"



Okay, okay, okay. I’ve heard it from ya’all enough times. I do have a slight crush on Ben Hansen from FoF, but I have always had a thing for smart guys with honest curiosity and ethics. Oh, and the premise of his show curls my toes. That combination is great, but what’s even better is Ben in 3D. Yeah! He came to my apartment to meet me on Saturday while he was in town. Now, is that a sweetheart or what?

He is exactly as I knew he would be; intelligent, honest, curious and open-minded. He walks the same tightrope I do between logic and the paranormal. A natural born-leader, eager to study things from all angles, he wishes to see the show become more documentary-like in its depth and investigation. He’d also love to see them handle current hot issues as they happen, although the planning involved in plotting out a show and hitting the road to find new phenomenon as it happens is a nightmare.

Given the limitations of everyone having a finger in the pie that is “Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files” and having to whittle it down to an hour show with commercials, could frustrate anyone who is in the industry for genuine reasons. To be dealing with the “industry” and yet trying to get some real work done and progress as an inquisitive researcher makes him a saint in my book.

I am really pleased to say that we talked for 2 hours easily on so many subjects and he is knowledgeable in every area and with a great sense of humor and a really honest desire to figure out life’s puzzles. I always knew I had found a kindred spirit in Ben, and I did!

He would like to see SyFy put up some of the video that gets cut out of the show including some interviews with witnesses and such. He really appreciates the sharing of information and the seeking of truth. Honestly, if I didn’t know that he was a fan of X-Files while growing up, I would tell this guy, “dude you are eager and curious like Mulder, but with Scully’s brains and skepticism.” I understand that inner war. I can’t imagine waging it in the middle of production companies and cable channels and everything that comes in between.

He has my complete and total respect and I do adore the show and want to see it succeed and evolve. I’m absolutely certain with his hand in it, Ben will give us a long-running show that opens up the urban legends, the viral videos and all the rumors about the paranormal, exposing light on it to see what passes the test of scrutiny.

At one point, I mentioned a case I'd love to see them cover and, in fact, he said he very much wanted to do that location and see if they could make it the entire hour. I was thrilled and my toes started curling. Oh, how I would love to be in on that! Fingers crossed! He has a definite code of ethics, an honest desire to find the fact amongst the faked and I suspect that what Ben sets his mind to, he accomplishes.

Thursdays on SyFy: Do not miss this show! They’re onto something and I personally want to see it keep going and morphing into my favorite show.

Oh and ya'all know I've been promising to give Ben a kiss for the longest time. Yes, I wouldn't be Autumnforest if I didn't just go for what I want! Thanks Ben! (Did I mention he's a really good sport? Very tall? Very handsome? Beautiful blue eyes? Wonderful laugh? Really sweet? Really smart?) Ben, you may now stop blushing.



*If you didn't enter the awesome contest, go back to yesterday's post for Gregg's Birthday and follow instructions.*

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Tags :

Related : Ben Hansen "Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files"