Horror Movies With Big-Named Actors You Might Have Missed

"The Shuttered Room" Gig Young, Carol Lynley and Oliver Reed. 1967. A woman comes back to claim her childhood home on a New England Island where the people are strange and the estate is even stranger. Tense, but not terrifying. Still, beautiful setting, gothic feel, and it has one of my monster crushes, Oliver Reed. (I know, I know, who haven't I had a crush on?)



"Shattered Silence" (aka "When Michael Calls") 1972. Michael Douglas, Elizabeth Ashley. A woman gets crank calls from her nephew, long dead. She's being tormented by this voice from the past. Is it his ghost? If you enjoyed Halloween as a kid in the 70s, this movie will give you such nostalgia, you will watch it again and again. Great Halloween season feeling flick and unsettling.



"The Evil" 1978. Richard Crenna. This one somehow missed my radar in the late 70s. I think I was too busy being a mall rat, but I missed it. I saw it decades later and went "where was this classic?" It's a great haunted house type of terror/slasher/trapped in a haunted house movie with a crazy twist ending. Very nice.



"Something Evil" 1972. Directed by Steven Spielberg. Sandy Dennis, Darren McGavin & Ralph Bellamy. This was a made-for-tv type movie of a couple moving to the countryside out of the city. The house is a dream. Or is it a nightmare? It's and early Spielberg endeavor and a bit campy, but fun-o-rama made-for-tv 70s horror!



There's a shit load more of these out there, but I wanted to hit some that y'all might find online and appease your appetite for those you might have missed that are classics in their own rights.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Horror Movies With Big-Named Actors You Might Have Missed